Why A CTPA Membership?
Benefits of Membership
- HAVE FUN & GET EXERCISE: CTPA new OPEN PLAY MEMBERSHIP is all about having fun and being able to play with friends of different level. For outdoor play we have 60+ hours per week devoted to open play and your membership will give you the right to play as long as you want. Note: Competitive Memberships also allows you to play during all OPEN PLAY times.
- IMPROVE YOUR SKILLS: CTPA will help take you to the next level of play and enjoy the game even more. Improvement comes from practice & drilling and we will offer this to members.
- EXCLUSIVE HOURS: CTPA Members will have exclusive court hours and access via their membership cards. We ask all members to display their cards during CTPA times.
- SKILL RATING ASSIGNED: CTPA will help rate your level of play as a Competitive member. Ratings will be required for all competitive play especially Level Play. OPEN PLAY members will not be rated.
- COMPETITIVE PLAY ASSURED: Because of ratings, you are assured of playing against players of a similar skill level and not against beginners. For social play, you remove those aggressive-competitive players, thus giving you much more enjoyment in the game.
- PRACTICE & DRILLING: If you want to improve your skills you have to do the drill! And that is the backbone of CTPA which will provide regular practice and drilling/mentoring sessions for all levels. We hope to have practice & drills available to all members.
- INDOOR PLAY: CTPA will have discount rates for indoor play at the Cranberry Township Municipal Center. This Fall & Winter we will offer an assortment of limited indoor play on three courts. We also have limited evening hours available at another location. Our goal is to someday put a dome over our outdoor courts to allow for four season play. We hope that day comes soon.
- EXPANDING PICKLEBALL: As a member, you are helping to pay off the debt for building the new eight courts, and meet our goal to build more courts. We have the space to expand to another 10 courts but must raise the money to do so. Your membership helps in this effort and to further expand pickleball to other in the area.
- 425 MEMBERS as of September 2018: CTPA is one of the largest pickleball association in the state. In one year we have 425 members and continue to introduce pickleball via our introduction classes to about 60 new members every 4 months. In addition, because of our Competitive Level Play option, we attract some of the better players in the region who value the ability to play people of equal level and in ladders the chance to go head to head with players of higher rating.
- All this for less than $8 /month and even lower for Open Play members: One of the lowest price membership offered in Cranberry Parks & Rec for a 12 month membership.
Open Play vs. Competitive Membership - Exclusive Hours
From our recent survey we discovered that a lot of players just want to play for fun & exercise and have little interest and even dislike playing against players who are very competitive. This is why we have expanded Open Play membership for these people. Open play has its own committee that is geared to be responsive to establishing open play guidelines. While similar to the idea of 2018 Social Play the big difference is the expansion of hours available for Open Play
As a exclusive Open Play Member to CTPA you will have expanded hours to play and the chance to play with other people who want to play solely for the fun, exercise and social aspect of the game. Not only will you not have to get a rating, but membership for a OPEN PLAY Member is less than a Competitive Member. Of course you have the option to become a Competitive Member at any time in the future if you decided you wanted to further advance your skills. Competitive members have the option to play in both Open Play and Competitive Play. Because of the Township Child Clearance rules all Members must be 18 or older.
Learn more about OPEN PLAY Memberships
For all the rest, we have taken up the challenge to rate all Competitive Members to assure good quality of play.This is the nirvana of pickleball and in all our research we have not found another association with this ambitious goal. Now by being a CTPA member you are being assure to play players of similar skill level along with all of the other advantages of CTPA. Competitive members have the option to play in both Open Play and Competitive Play. Because of the Township Child Clearance rules all Members must be 18 or older.
Learn more about Competitive Memberships
CTPA Membership Cost Summary
OPEN PLAY/ Social Membership
Order OPEN PLAY/Social Membership here Opens a New Window.
Online Membership Registration is open now.Current Social Members who renew will be issued a new Membership card at no extra cost.
|2019 Renewal for current CTPA Members
through December 23, 2018
Competitive MembershipOrder Competitive Membership here Opens a New Window.
Online Membership Registration is openRenewal is based on adding a new 2019 sticker on your existing membership cards. New cards can be issued instead of using a sticker but there will be a $15 charge.
|2019 Renewal for current CTPA Members,
through December 23, 2018