I smell gas – what should I do?

If there is an odor of gas, exit the building or residence immediately.

Residents should then call 911 and report the odor, then call the gas utility provider that supplies the residence. If the gas utility provider’s contact information is unknown, call the PA One Call System to report the incident.

  • PA One Call System: 811 or 1-800-242-1776 ext. 4
  • Columbia Gas: 1-888-460-4332
  • Dominion/People’s Gas: 1-800-764-0111
  • Equitable Gas: 1-800-654-6335
  • First Energy/Penn Power: 1-800-720-3600

Show All Answers

1. Who is working in residential lawns and properties?
2. Why are flags being placed on a property, and what do they mean?
3. Are Township employees working on resident’s properties?
4. If I’m not switching my internet provider, why are there workers in my yard?
5. This is my private property, and I did not give permission for companies to access it. Why are they allowed to do so?
6. Why are they digging?
7. When will companies begin digging?
8. I smell gas – what should I do?
9. When will the project be completed?
10. How long will the flags remain in the ground?
11. How long will painted markings last, and is it safe?
12. If property was damaged, who would pay for repairs?
13. When switching internet providers, who needs to be contacted?
14. What is the process of telecommunication access?
15. Can I remove the flags from my property?
16. Why did the Township allow this work to occur?
17. What is the Township doing to address resident issues?
18. Is the Township working with the utility companies?
19. Why can’t companies share lines or use existing lines?
20. Why did the Township approve franchise agreements?
21. How was this work communicated with residents?
22. What is the Township doing regarding winter work and street maintenance?
23. Do you have a question that is not listed?