Trash collection rates, cart selection and exchange
Residential Waste Service Rates
To order additional carts, contact Customer Service
Rates as of: 6/26/2020
* Extra 32-gallon trash bag stickers are sold separately.
|Cart Size||Monthly Rate||Additional Cart, added to base rate|
|35 Gallon||$20.99||$1.85 extra per month|
|64 Gallon||$22.51||$2.55 extra per month|
|96 Gallon||$23.17||$3.12 extra per month|
|No Cart/bag service only||$19.12||* $.65 sticker for each 32-gallon trash bag.|
Cart Do’s and Don’ts
- Lids down please! When placing carts curbside, please be sure the lids are closed.
- Arrows on the lid show which side of the cart should face the street. This enables the truck mechanical arm to work properly and ensures that your trash isn’t scattered on the street.
- Bag all garbage before putting it into the cart.
- Don’t put more in your cart than it can hold with the lid fully closed.
- Don’t overload your cart. Heavy cartloads will cause the mechanical arm to fail.
- Place carts 2 feet apart from one another and at least 2 feet away from obstructions such as mail boxes, posts, trees, and vehicles.
What’s Accepted as Trash?
It’s important to recycle and compost as much as possible, but some items go in the trash, including broken household goods. Only those items that go to the landfill should be placed in your Gray Top garbage cart.
Bag household trash before placing it inside the trash cart. Trash may not be collected if improperly prepared for collection.
Not accepted: very large and heavy items such as furnaces, construction materials, demolition debris, doors, windows, paving materials, stones, auto parts, machinery, bathtubs, spas, laundry room fixtures, pianos, tree trunks and stumps do not qualify as residential waste in our program. These items are considered commercial wastes and you can contact any commercial hauler to remove them.
All carts belong to Cranberry Township. Each cart carries a unique identification number which is linked to your home address and utility account. Please be sure to keep your carts on your own property and avoid getting them mixed up with neighboring carts.
Color Coding and Sizes The color coded lids on each cart identify the contents to the truck operator. The hauler may refuse to collect carts that are contaminated with mixed items. Additional carts are available upon request.
- Gray Top containers are for ordinary garbage and all other non recyclable items eligible for collection. Cart size options: 35, 64 or 96 gallon volume sizes.
- Blue Top containers are for recyclable items only. Cart size options: 35, 64 or 96 gallon volume sizes. There is no additional charge for a second Recycling cart.
- Green Top containers are for yard waste only. Please do not mix yard waste or recyclables with household trash. Cart size options: 35, 64 or 96 gallon volume sizes.
Cart Delivery/Repair/Exchange If your initial cart selection turns out to be too big or too small for your needs, you may exchange carts once per calendar year.
To request a cart repair or to order or exchange carts, contact Customer Service, 724-776-4806 option 3.
When You Move When you move, even to another home within Cranberry Township, please leave your empty carts for the new owner. Each cart carries a unique identification number which is linked to your home address and utility account.
Winter preparation When snow or ice prevents collection on your scheduled day, leave your cart at the curb to be collected the next day. Clear the snow from around your carts. Keep the lids closed to prevent snow and ice from getting inside. Drivers will not reach into your cart to remove items frozen to the bottom.
Winter Street Maintenance Residents living along private streets are responsible to keep the private roads cleared of snow and ice. Untreated road conditions may create a delay in trash and recycling collection if the hauler considers the road to be unsafe.