Apply for Service

Service Applications and Forms


Apply for Service: Sewer, Water, Trash Apply Online  or, call the Customer Service Center Ph: 724-776-4806, Mon.-Fri., 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM, at least one business day prior to the day you wish to start water, sewer, and trash recycling and yard waste collection services to set up a new utilities account. 

  • Billing is on a monthly basis. Statements are mailed the first week of the month and due on the last business day of each month. 
  • There is an application fee, which may be reflected on the first bill. Learn more about rates and the utility billing schedule. 
  • Initial charges for trash recycling and yard waste services may be prorated.
  • If you are renting and wish to have the account in your name, a security deposit is required along with the application.

If you are unsure if service is available at your location, scroll to the bottom of this page for more information.

Auto Bill Pay for your monthly bill:  Learn more

Cancel Service and close the account: If you are moving and need to request a meter reading for a final water and sewer statement, use this form,  Moving Out/ Final Reading Request   For moves taking place the next day, call 724-776-4806 during business hours.

Bill Credits or Adjustments

One-Time Sewer Credit  If you are starting a lawn at a newly built home; filling a newly built pool for the first time; or topping-off your pool. This form requests a credit for the sewer charges that would otherwise be associated with water used in starting a new lawn or filling a new swimming pool. Note: The request must be for the current year. Sewer Credit Request 

Water Leak Credit Adjustment. If your home has had a significant water leak due to a broken pipe or meter, use this form to request relief from the sewer charges associated with water lost in the leak. Apply for a credit on your sewer service charges

Please note: A credit will be limited to 50% of the current sewer rates. No credit for water will be issued.

Temporary Shut-Off If you will be away for an extended period or are changing tenants in a rental property you own and want the Township to shut-off water to that account from the curb, Temporary Service Shut-Off Request

New Construction or Home Inspection

New Construction Meter Request. If you are a contractor and need water service at the construction site, use this form to request service and the installation of a temporary water meter during construction. Fees apply.  Construction Meter Request Form

Home Inspection: Water Turn On/Off Request   If you are buying or selling an empty house and need water service for a home inspection, use this form to have the water turned on during the inspection and turned off when the inspection is done. Fees apply. Water Turn On/Off Request Form

Property Owner Responsibilities Related to Service

Any unpaid water/sewer bill becomes a lien on the property. We may place a lien against the property if there are any unpaid fees or charges for water/sewer services for the property. 

If payment is not received by the 1st of the following month, a 10% penalty fee will be added to the balance due.  We issue termination notices if the monthly bill remains unpaid after 30 days from the due date on the initial presentation of the bill.  

If renting, we mail the property owner a duplicate copy of any delinquent or termination bills due.  It would be advisable for the landlord to also retain the security deposit until you’ve verified that the tenant has paid any delinquent fees or charges due when finalizing the tenants account. 

If you are not sure if service is available, contact:

  • Residential: Ph: 724-776-4806, x 1515
  • Commercial: Ph: 724-776-4806, x 1183

If service is available: The Township will:

  • Determine the location of your tap and water meter, if you are applying for water service.
  • Perform a water tap (2” in size and smaller – if applying for water service)
  • Provide and install your water meter and remote (1” in size and smaller – if applying for water service) Note: Billing begins when the meter is installed.
  • Provide your curb box on the service line, if you are applying for water service.
  • Perform required inspections which may include
    • Outside waterline (water service only)
    • Outside sanitary sewer line (sewer service only)
    • Sewer and/or water final (water and/or sewer service)

If service is not available, at your location: The property owner's responsibilities are:

  • Submit a Service Application and appropriate Tap Fee(s)
  • Contact and hire a contractor / plumber to install the sewer and/or water service
  • Place a Pennsylvania OneCall – dial 811. or visit:
  • Acquire all materials needed for the sewer and/or water service line including but not limited to: appropriate pipe, stone for backfill, sanitary sewer tap, water meter spread fittings, thermal expansion tank, water meter pit, grinder pump.
  • Access the sewer and/or water line from the main line into the structure.
  • Schedule the necessary inspections and water tap.
    For inspections and water tap, call: 724-776-4806, x 1161. You must call by 3:00 PM to schedule an inspection for the next business day. Taps are performed on Wednesday, Thursday and/or Friday.
  • Disconnect the existing well, if applicable.
  • Abandon the existing on-lot septic system, if applicable.                       

Infrastructure Availability Fees

  • It’s illegal to connect a structure to the public water or sanitary sewer system without paying an infrastructure availability fee. Infrastructure availability fees must be paid before a building permit can be issued — or a tap only permit, if no building permit is required. The fee will be in accordance with the rate schedule in force at the time of the issuance of the permit.
Tap SizeMeter SizeWater & Sewer (in a plan)Not in a plan
1 inch3/4 inch$4,960.00$5,345.00
1 inch1 inch$5,048.00$5,433.00
1 1/2 inch3/4 inch$5,451.00$5,836.00
1 1/2 inch1 inch$5,539.00$5,924.00
1 1/2 inch1 1/2 inch$6,912.00$7,297.00
2 inch1 1/2 inch$7,188.00$7,573.00
2 inch2 inch$7,331.00$7,716.00

Water / Sewer Testing Forms

Backflow Prevention Tester

Double Check Valve Test and Maintenance Report Form

RPZ Reduced Pressure Zone Assembly

Non-Residential Establishments and Application for Wastewater Discharge Permit. New businesses moving into Cranberry Township must complete and submit this survey. Wastewater Survey  

close carousel
close carousel